SENSE Conferences and PDDs
SENSE used to organize conferences every two years and professional development days in alternate years. Since the pandemic, we have not organized a full in-person conference but expect to do so again in our jubilee year, 2025.
- The 2015 conference was held in Utrecht on 14 November 2015. It consisted of two plenary sessions, two elective sessions (with ten topics to choose from), a panel discussion, and lots of networking opportunities.
- The 2018 conference was held in ’s Hertogenbosch on 9-10 June 2018. It featured two plenary sessions and five elective sessions (with 25 topics to choose from).
- The 2020 conference was originally planned for Maastricht, but due to lockdown and the coronavirus it was moved online and took place on 3-5 June 2020. Attendees were treated to 15 separate workshops, as well as ample networking opportunities. An additional 7 workshops were offered as an autumn jubilee during the same year.
The professional development days (PDDs) are mini-conferences aimed primarily at SENSE members themselves.
- The 2019 PDD was a one-day event in Amersfoort on 21 September 2019. It consisted of two plenary sessions and four elective sessions (with eight topics to choose from).
- The 2021 PDD was a two-day event online, on 18 and 25 September 2021. It featured two plenary sessions, three panel discussions, six elective sessions available on both days and 9 additional sessions to choose from, not to mention networking opportunities during specific times on Zoom and all day long on Wonder.
- The 2023 PDD will be held in Utrecht on 30 September 2023.