Are you looking for an editor, proofreader, copywriter, translator, trainer, or other English-language professional? Our Freelance Register provides contact information for nearly 300 of our freelance members and includes details regarding their skills, specialities and services. This user-friendly search tool will help you reach the best language professional quickly and easily.
Before using it for the first time, please read the important information below. It will help you find a suitable freelancer for your assignment. Also read our DISCLAIMER
Criteria for choosing a freelancer
To select the language professional best suited to your particular needs, we advise you to use several criteria – not only cost. Ask the freelancers on your short-list the following questions. Their answers may help guide you in your final choice:
- Are you a native speaker of English? Can you supply the variant (British, American, Australian, Canadian, etc.) I require for my text?
- Are you available to work on my text, and when can I expect to receive it back?
- Which types of text do you usually work with (PR, academic, literary, etc.)?
- What is your experience as an editor/translator/writer/writing teacher?
- Are you familiar with the subject in question? On what basis do you feel qualified to deal with the material?
- Can you work in the medium required (MS Word, PowerPoint, HTML, etc.)?
- Can you provide me with a formal quotation, including your KvK number (if applicable) and VAT status?
Questions from the freelancer
If you are looking to have a text written, edited or translated, the freelancer will probably ask you the following questions:
- How long is the text (total number of words), and what needs to be done with it?
- What is the purpose of the text (for publication, oral presentation, etc.) and who is your intended audience? (Native speakers? International audience? Specialists?)
- How and when will you send me the text and what is my/your deadline?
- How and when will we interact to clear up problems and questions? (Time allowed for a final round of corrections is always well spent.)
An experienced editor or translator will generally estimate the cost of a job only after seeing a sample of the text.
The SENSE Freelance Register evolves constantly through feedback both from its users and from SENSE members. Please send suggestions for improvements.
If you would like your freelance assignment or job offer posted on the SENSE members' private forum (interested freelancers can contact you), please contact us.
- Last Updated: Friday, 20 November 2015 09:10