SENSE is run entirely by volunteers.
Most of the Society’s management is taken care of by an Executive Committee (EC) and five Team Leaders (TL) and their teams. The EC comprises five members (Chair, Treasurer, Secretary and two Members-at-Large), and the Team Leaders are the Content Manager, CPD Coordinator, SIG and Social Events Coordinator, Social Media Coordinator, and Web Manager.
Other SENSE members volunteer by serving on various committees such as the Audit Committee or in the Mentoring Programme, contributing content to the website, organizing and assisting at events, or representing SENSE at external meetings.
Other activities performed by volunteers include:
- SIG convenors (organize meetings of Special Interest Groups)
- Content team (edits content that is published by SENSE)
- PDD team (is involved in organizing the Professional Development Day)
- Social media team (posts news on SENSE’s social media channels)
- Audit committee (checks the society’s financial records)
- Mentoring programme (arranging for and acting as mentors to fellow-SENSE members)
- Handbook team (updates the SENSE Handbook)
- PSTEVIN and PZO representatives (liaises with other industry role-players)
The EC has a formal meeting every two months, and the Team Leaders meet regularly at other intervals as necessary. Summaries of the minutes of EC meetings and reports from EC and TL portfolios are available to SENSE members in the online library. The library also contains SENSE’s Constitution and formal Rules that guide the EC and forms a framework for decision-making.
SENSE holds an Annual General Meeting (AGM) in the first quarter of every year. At the AGM, the budget is reviewed and new members are elected to the EC (if applicable), among other matters. Prior to each AGM, members can download a copy of the AGM Bulletin which contains reports from the various volunteers, as well as an AGM motion form and EC nomination form (as they become available). SENSE members can browse previous AGM minutes and bulletins in the online library.