ITI: Editing and proofreading – how to get it right
07 August 2023 16:00 CEST
07 August 2023 18:00 CEST
Online workshop: Editing and proofreading – how to get it right
On 7 August and 10 August the Institute of Translation and Interpreting is organizing two online workshops on editing and proofreading.
Learn how to become a more efficient proofreader and editor in this short course with popular trainer, Karen Tkaczyk.
Translators edit and proofread every day – it’s an essential part of the job. In this short course, you will learn ways to make this final stage of checking a text more reliable and to give you more confidence in your edits.
- Discover more about the tools you can use for editing and proofreading
- Build your confidence in negotiating for editing and proofreading services
- Learn the skills you need to reduce the time you spend going back and forth on decisions while editing and proofreading
- Increase your confidence that you are making the right edits in translations
- Learn how to develop a more defined editing and proofreading process.
There will be two assignments as part of the course to help you practise and develop your skills.
You can find out more about this workshop on the ITI website.
ITI members: £80 + VAT
Non-members: £139 + VAT