The benefits of joining our growing network of English-language professionals include:
- Obtaining support from fellow professionals and native-English speakers
- Staying in touch with developments that affect the English language
- Keeping up to date and learning new skills
- Gaining exposure to professional development workshops
- Solving terminology and language problems through our online Forum
- Minimising second-language interference
- Increasing your efficiency and your profitability
- Learning from others in friendly, encouraging peer-sharing sessions
As a SENSE member, you can enjoy:
- Access to our active and interactive online Forum
- Access to members-only sections of the SENSE website
- Access to the online Handbook, our dynamic reference source for language professionals
- Access to eSense, our quarterly magazine, published online (full contents and archives) and in PDF
- Reduced registration rates to SENSE events and priority registration for SENSE events
- Special members-only discounts to useful publications, software and sister organizations
- Your personal listing in the SENSE freelance register (if desired)
- Access to the SENSE professional networking group on LinkedIn (if desired)
We also encourage our members to participate in:
- Professional development lectures and workshops organized and sponsored by SENSE
- Regional and/or subject-driven Special Interest Groups (medical, legal, copywriting, etc.)
- Our fun-filled programme of social events, including the Summer Social, Annual Dinner and Annual General Meeting
Who can join SENSE?
Membership is open to all English-language professionals, including editors, translators, interpreters, writers, teachers, and other language professionals. SENSE also welcomes language professionals with a non-English mother tongue but whose core business involves the English language. Although most SENSE members live and work in the Netherlands, this not a requirement for membership, and many of our members live abroad.
Applications for membership will be reviewed by the SENSE Executive Committee. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
The annual membership fee is €72.50 per calendar year. NOTE: new members who join after July 1st pay only €36.25 for the remainder of the year.